March has come in like a lamb here in Oklahoma…but maybe the lion/lamb theory only holds true in the Northeast. Here in OKC, it’s just ridiculously windy at least three days a week. In Pensacola, my hair battled the humidity. Here, my foe is the wind. You win, Mother Nature. You win.
Here are some more random thoughts and observations from the week. Look at me being tech-savvy and including media in my post today. Oh yes. I think you’ll love it.
1. The new Shutterfly app for the iPhone. It’s a wonderfully easy way to order prints – something I have been horrible at doing since the advent of the digital camera. I even scored ten free 4×4 photos (thanks, Shutterfly!), which will be a great addition to my newly-made memory boards that I’m going to hang in my office.
2. Southwest keeps teasing me with these $59 deals emails…even though the tickets to any city I would actually want to visit are all over $200. Thanks for nothing, Southwest. I really wish that airfare from OKC to anywhere desirable wasn’t so ridiculously expensive.
3. These cupcakes look AMAZING – the perfect St. Patrick’s Day treat. Dark chocolate fudge-esque cake (made with Bailey’s!). Chocolate ganache filling (made with Bailey’s!). Irish cream frosting (you better know what that’s made with). And to finish it off, Irish cream hot fudge sauce (made with Bailey’s…and put in the mini Bailey’s bottles for the best-looking cupcake I’ve ever seen). What’s not to love?
4. My twin nephews are pretty adorable. I love them. I want to snuggle with them and breathe in that magically relaxing newborn smell. (This is where it’d be great if Southwest could actually help a sister out…c’mon guys. I need to see these boys.)
5. When I’ve need a pick-me-up lately, I’ve watched this. I adore Jon Stewart. Especially when he breaks into a fit of giggles. This video has it all: tanks, cows, hatchets, angry Russian women, a meteor, and the delightful Daily Show host. You’ll thank me later.
6. Ben and I went to our last regular season OU men’s basketball game last night. We enjoyed going to the games, donning some crimson and cream, and eating frozen yogurt during the second half. We’re a predictable 70-year old couple. Don’t judge. Our guys haven’t been ruled out of making it to the Big Dance yet…it’d be great to watch them in the tournament this year. That maddening season is upon us…bring on the basketball.
7. We’re one month away from the season premiere of Mad Men. This promo is only 15 seconds long, but it still made me giddy when I first saw it this morning.
8. I saw daffodils in bloom on my drive home yesterday. Daffodils. Which means two things: it’s almost time for tulips – my favorite flower ever – and we’ll soon be overcome with the sense of renewal and rejuvenation that comes along with budding trees, blooming flowers, and abundant sunshine. I’m ready for that.
9. This song will never get old. It conveys my thoughts on the subject better than I ever could. It is unbelievably difficult to see the ones you love in pain and know that you can do nothing to change their circumstances.
10. I’m lusting over this. Looking at this minty masterpiece makes me happy. Constant perfection from Coach.
11. I finished up a new book this week: MWF Seeking BFF. It was a memoir of a twenty-something who found herself newly-married, in a “new” city, and in search of some local lady friends to do things that our men won’t do (i.e. brunch, shopping, movies, etc.). At first glance, I thought this book was going to be a great, witty, she-knows-just-how-I-feel book. Until I found out she went to college in Chicago (where she moved to…). And her mother lived there. And she had a group of great coworker friends. Between her and her husband, she already have a decent number of relationships. Ha. Amateur. I’d give a lot to have one of those things. Regardless, it was an enjoyable, quick read with some good insight and research on friendships (especially female friendships) that was interesting. The cover is fun and colorful…that’s how they get you.
12. I, like many of you, am so ready for the weekend. We get shorted an hour this weekend…don’t forget to set your clocks forward on Saturday night. I got myself all flustered on the way to work this morning trying to figure out if we’d have more or less daylight in the evenings. Don’t worry, I figured it out. I guess I shouldn’t try to problem solve at 7 a.m. To make the short weekend a little more bearable, Justin Timberlake will be hosting AND performing on SNL. Thank you, NBC.